Tuesday, June 24, 2008

No FAIR...and the TRUTH

Thanks to all of you who humored me in my feeble attempt to make a game out of "real or fake". YOU guys are GOOD!! As many of you know I love weddings...I help out with a type of wedding ministry my friend and I started a few years back...you can read about it in my archives...I'm not sure which month...and I stink at figuring out how to post that link....sorry...Suffice it to say...one of my favorite parts; besides meeting some really sweet, sweet girls and their families...are the flowers...trying to keep up with the latest trends and keeping it way under budget is not only fun for me...but you could almost say I LIVE for it...it's just too fun and I love getting to be the florist for these weddings...I love it so much I have decided to take some more classes on florals and I've even offered to "help" out with a couple of florist I know...I told them...If they would just let me hang out with them for a day or so before a big wedding...I would not get in the way...I would even help if needed...AND I would PAY them for the pleasure!! Yes, I could be a bit crazy!

The flowers I mentioned and showed in the previous post...
YES...these beauties...were INDEED FAKE...just like Pamela's silicone eye-catchers! I wasn't counting on all you clever gals ENLARGING the pictures...silly me...but I am going to have to cry "foul" or "no fair"...b/c I really didn't think all of them looked that fake in the posted size ( I realize the ranaculas certainly did...but the roses were pretty darn good...even some of you thought they were real!)...but I will concede...it was pretty obvious once they were enlarged...that they were indeed fake!! Again...kind of like Pamela's hoo-ha's. I knew you gals were clever...I should have known you would outsmart me...I can't get anything past you guys!

I made that particular bouquet out of silk flowers...because this lovely girl...
was having her bridals taken in Austin Texas two weekends ago...she is using real roses, ranaculas and stephonotis for the ceremony...so-oooo we (my friend and I...she is a friend of our families) decided that white flowers may not last out in the HOT Texas sun for 4 to 6hours during the almost day long shoot...so I made this little diddy up for her to use for the day of the shoot, knowing it wouldn't turn brown or wilt away...I think they turned out pretty well...in her professional pictures you really can't tell the difference...I don't think????...maybe if you enlarge them...but all in all I think they worked for the intended purpose. I am a true LOVER of using REAL flowers...not that I have anything against silks...but to me REAL flowers for a wedding just adds to the romance of the day. I have a love affair I suppose with flowers...I just NEVER tire of them...I'm always trying out new things...even for just around the house and using fresh flowers is my favorite thing to add to a room! It doesn't even have to be flowers...right now I have some wheat grass on my dining table...that looks so cool...makes me want to take my shoes off and dance around in it...but I don't think that's what dining tables are made for! I'll tell the story of the wheat grass...soon!

I think this bride is gorgeous...
as I do all the brides I have worked with...and I LOVE her dress...AND the fact that she had many of her pictures taken in front of historical Texas landmarks...such as the capitol...The Bob Bullock Library and the UT campus...she's a real Texas gal...loves Austin...and her wedding is going to be in one of the coolest (not climate wise) places a Texas girl could imagine...more on that when I get the pictures from her wedding in August.

I am off to do another wedding this weekend in Fort Worth, Texas at the Bass Performance Hall (been working on the logistics of this wedding for a few months, now)...the bride is just an absolute angel gal...and is so pretty...I can't wait to see her in her dress and see her reaction to the flowers (that's usually my favorite part...how happy they look...makes me feel like I know what I'm doing!) She has helped so much with the concept of this wedding and has lots of really cool ideas. It has been so helpful that she is very clear on what she loves...plus she is open to many ideas! She is also doing this on a budget and has been very mindful of that throughout the process...what a blessing that has been for her family...I am sure! I'll give you a hint about the wedding...think romantic vintage...we are using pearls...candles...cut glass...sterling silver (the kind that has a bit of tarnish) and beautiful white and cream flowers! Her bouquet...which I will make on Friday...will consists of peonies (one of my favs and very romantic), vendala roses, and white freesia...her bridesmaids will also carry all whites and creams, hydrangeas and vendala roses and spray roses....she is the only one carrying peonies...I can't wait to get started...hopefully, I'll remember to take some pics...and share those later...Till then...again...Thanks for playing...YOU gals are just too smart for me! Have an awesome week and I'll check back in when the wedding is over...and I've taken a NAP on Sunday!!



14 comments:

Lavender Chick said...

Well, I'm a little late playing the game, but although I now know the answer, I would have guessed they were real! And you know I wouldn't have been near smart enough to enlarge the picture. That is just too much thinking for me.

Can't wait to hear more about the weddings - especially the quintessential Texas one. Sounds like fun!

Tonja said...

Looking forward to hearing all about the wedding this week-end.
Then, you need some rest! Enjoy!

Gone said...

Can't wait to see the pix.

I know it wasn't "FAIR", enlarging the pic, but I needed to confirm what I suspected.

After all, I used to have my own BRIDAL business - did everything from make Bridal and Attendant's gowns and headpieces, flowers, wedding cakes for up to 500 people and I catered the meals, too! I provided photographers, limos, band, DJ...everything!!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Anonymous said...

A bride looks awesome with some pretty flowers. Got some beautiful flowers from Blooming Bulb on my daughter's wedding.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Fake, schmake! They looked beautiful, no matter what they were made of! Great job, Teresa. Almost wish I knew someone who was getting married so I could lasso you into doing the flowers...for a professional fee, of course. lol

Kari

Unknown said...

I didn't even think of enlarging them. LOL I thought they were pretty. Hope you enjoy the wedding!

andi said...

Teresa-I need your help!! A friend asked me to "direct" her wedding. HELLO BIGGEST day of her life and I have Zero, Zip, No clue what to do. Well, I am really organized on stuff like that, but what is one to do when you have no clue. Basically, I am in charge of the ceremony. If you could offer any advice, I need it. :)
The bride IS beautiful and the flowers look great in her pictures. Good work!

Sandi McBride said...

I'm so glad to see you back in here if only briefly, the flowers were absolutely gorgeous, real of faux...to pretty to say fake lol...missed ya honey bunch!
Sandi

Justabeachkat said...

What a fun thing you're doing...and learning lots while you're having fun. Very smart of you!

Hugs!
Kat

(I'm working on my post tonight and I'm passing on an award to you so check back later.)

tea time and roses said...

Hello Teresa!

Cannot wait to hear more about the wedding! Have a beautiful time!

Smiles...

Beverly

Unknown said...

Wow, you are a busy one aren't you? I believe this is my first visit to your blog. I so enjoyed getting "to know you" a bit.

I love the simplicity of the bride's dress in the photos. Can't wait to come back to read and see more.

Susie Q said...

What delicious busy-ness! Such a fun and rewarding thing to do. I can not wait to hear all about it.

They look so wonderful in her pictures. Wow. She IS gorgeous and those portraits are amazing.
They do such glorious images now...so elegant and special.

Fake seems to harsh a word for something so pretty...and they were just that, Pretty.

Just like you sweet lady.

Love,
Sue

Julie said...

Weddings are so glorious! Please post often..

The Feathered Nest said...

I LOVE Romantic Vintage!! Be sure to take plenty of photos for us to see OK Teresa? Thanks for stopping by to see me, I still have a few messy spots in my room but I'm getting there. What's so funny is I still have yet to show my fabric stashes in my bedroom closet and laundry room!! take care, xxoo, Dawn