Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Real or Fake...you tell me...

Well, it's wedding season...and I am in full swing with a couple of weddings I am working on for the next couple of months. I have a question...and you can help by answering...I need input.
Are these real or fake??? Ha! Gotcha...just wanted to get your attention...and I must say these are "real" or "fake" attention getter's!! Don't get me started on this abundance of silicone...I mean...I'm all for enhancement if that is your desire...but this is beyond natural enhancement!!...sadly, I think P.A. is a very cute gal...but seriously..."these" just pain me to look at.!!!

But, on to what I am really asking here...and to get back to the very important subject at hand...WEDDINGS....Do you think these are real or fake???? This is a bouquet I made for a bride a while back...and I was just wondering....what you think of these... ARE these real or fake??? OR could they be a mixture of both??? uh huh!...something that is becoming more and more popular with the influx of outdoor weddings this time of year. Good trick when trying to make the flowers last the entire wedding day especially when dealing with white blooms. I have done and have seen mixtures of both...so is this the case here????...you may already know the answer...b/c I know I'm dealing with some rather crafty and talented folks out there...but seriously, let me know...I look forward to your input and will posts the results and the absolute truth behind these flowers...along with the story behind them!! Thanks for playing..."REAL or FAKE"...just think of it as a Late Show with David Letterman type scenario...kind of like the one "Will it sink or float"....sorry, I don't have any gals with grinders and metal wear to contribute to the game!





13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Teresa,

LOL! Loved your lead in. I have no idea if they are real or fake. If they are fake they look real to me. Either way they are gorgeous!

The Feathered Nest said...

OK sweet friend, I'll give you my two cents worth!!! ALL THREE....FAKE!! We all know Pamela's are, but look at the flower centers....they have a definite center that is plastic or glass. But as white flowers go, they look absolutely stunning!! I will tell you the truth about white flowers, they turn brown very quickly and are so easily bruised. And truth be known, are very hard to find exactly WHITE. They are usually off-white or yellowish. If you want a controlled look, go for silk....this is just my 2 cents!!! Hope you are well sweetie! xxoo, Dawn

Sandi McBride said...

Uhhuh, Pamela makes my chest hurt, too...can you imagine lugging those things around for the next 40 years? Thamk God for a B cup, I say...and thats with the help of tissue, lol...as for the flowers...ah...the middle I'm pretty sure is real, with maybe the frame being "faux"...but it all looks real enough and it's beautiful to boot! By the way, I've got an award for you over at my place, so be a sweetie and come pick it up
love ya
Sandi

Tonja said...

OK...I don't know if this is 2 bouquets or just 1...so I will say that I think the bottom bouquet is real! I will be REAL truthful and say that I just do not like silk flowers in a wedding bouquet. That is just a personal opinion. Something about the fake flowers just doesn't seem right to me. One of the delightful things about a wedding is the smell of the greenery and flowers. And, I know sometimes it is just not practical.
I have seen some weddings where they used all silk and it was lovely. In fact a friend and I decorated for another friend's wedding and used silks. But, if it was up to me, I would always use live. Mixing the 2 together? At least it would still smell real and probably look it too.

Debra from Bungalow said...

Gee, I have no idea about the bouquets. Now P.A. we all know hers are enhanced.

The flowers are stunning either way. Hugs, DebraK

tea time and roses said...

Pamela, well we all know that answer! :o) The flowers are so beautiful, but I believe with their perfect centers they are not real...but oh so lovely!

Smiles...

Beverly

Terri Steffes said...

Fake, all the way. (I am talking about the boobs.....)

I think the stephnotis is the fake and the roses real.... how close was I?

Justabeachkat said...

Why oh why would anyone want to lug those things around???...the fake boobs, not the bouquet, silly goose! lol

I think the roses are real, but the others are fake. Gorgeous, no matter what.

Hugs!
Kat

(thanks again so much for your very sweet e-mails!)

Cherry Hill Cottage~ said...

I wish I had her boobs! Really I do! I wouldn't mind "hurting" for a couple of years! hehehehe! And for the flowers...I want that bouquet for Mika's bridal shoot Thursday...Beautiful! I thought you were going to call me! = )

Susie Q said...

Now HOW did you get that photo of me?? Why, I am 100 percent real!
*giggle*
Pamela WAS a pretty girl...at one time!! She really was a beauty. Now? Oh my...: )

The bouquet is lovely...fake or real...but the roses sure do look real! : )

Love,
Sue

Unknown said...

Hi Teresa,

Just checkin in on you, haven't seen a post in awhile and hoping everything is well and that this summer has been busy for you. Hope you are enjoying your summer!

Julie said...

LOL...The flowers are fake. There may be 1 or 2 real ones poked in, but 98% are fake. They are too close to being carbon copies of each other. My youngest daughter almost got married last year and as we started our search, we could tell the difference and always picked real flowers over fake ones.

Gone said...

Hi Teresa,

I have to say, once I enlarged the photo of the bouquet, and focused in on the frayed edges of the flowers, that what I could see, they are PERMANENT! (ok, fake)

P.A. - well, fake, also

This has been my first trip to your blog and I like what I see!

~Blessings,
Jan