Sunday, August 30, 2009
Today is our sweet daughter-in-laws birthday! As you all know I feel very fortunate to have two wonderful children and equally as wonderful children in laws. Emily is in a 4 way tie for being one of my most favorite children! LOL...you know that corny line in the movie "Jerry McGuire"...where Tom Cruise tells Renee Zellweiger that she completes him OR is it Renee Zellweiger telling Tom Cruise...anyway you know what I mean...well, sappy as it may sound...Emily completes our family. I can't imagine life without her...she's been a part of our lives for over 10 years...she and our son met as sophomores in High School and we feel she has been a part of our family ever since. She just grew up right before our eyes into the totally awesome and beautiful woman she is today. I know my son counts himself extremely lucky and assuredly blessed to have her as his bride. I can assure you all of the rest of our family feels the same way, almost like we hit the "jackpot" with her as an added member to our family! She truly is a perfect match for our son and is such an added bonus to this crazy clan of ours.
I always have trouble poetically conveying just how much we love our family and most especially our children and children-in-laws...So I thought I would make a list of 26 things I/we love about Emily...what makes her so special. So here's to our sweet daughter in love...Emily...
1. She loves the Lord
2. She loves our son...her husband, unconditionally!
3. She is so very sweet and thoughtful
4. She's has a great sense of humor.
5. She loves life...and makes that feeling contagious when you're around her.
6. She loves her family and feels family is one of the most important things in life.
7. She is super athletic...I'm in awe of her abilities!!
8. She is creative beyond even her own beliefs.
9. She actually laughs at my jokes!
10. She loves our daughter and our daughter loves her...it's as though they are sisters and that warms my heart!
11. She makes us laugh.
12. She is a great wife, friend, daughter, daughter-in-law, grand-daughter, sister, sis-in-law and aunt!
13. She has the BEST laugh!
14. She is honest and sincere.
15. She is beautiful inside and out!
16. She loves to keep active and makes all of us want to do the same!
17. She cares about people and genuinely how they feel.
18. She is on her way to being the BEST Physical Therapist...EVER!
19. She is not afraid of hard work!
20. She is extremely organized...something I wish she could teach me!
21. She loves animals, children and older people...does it get any better than that?
22. She is NOT selfish at all!!
23. She loves me and my hubbin and she shows it in all that she does for us and our family.
24. She is compassionate!
25. She is very supportive of our son in all his endeavors, she is his BEST cheerleader!!
26. She is affectionate, caring and loving to all,
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY...EMLS...we love you and hope you have a great day. As I've always said, I could not have hand-picked a more perfect young lady to marry Marcus...we are all thankful you guys fell in love and chose to spend the rest of your lives together. Have a GREAT birthday... WE LOVE YOU!!
firstname.lastname@example.org LivingTheLife at 3:21:00 PM