Saturday, September 1, 2007

Catching up...






I know I promised pictures from the last wedding I did...I am hoping to do that really soon...b/c I think the flowers turned out great...however, I haven't been able to obtain any decent photos yet...so I will post as soon as possible...in the meantime...I got a call last week from a friend asking if I could possibly help out with flowers for a couple who were getting married this weekend...I called the Matron of Honor who was wanting to do the flowers but needed a little help. We decided to meet this past Wednesday at one of my Favorite Flower Markets to pick out colors and flowers. So yesterday I picked up the flowers, took them to her house and we made 2 bouquets, 1 nosegay and 2 boutonnieres...it was a cake walk compared to most of the weddings...I've included some pictures of the finished products... the pink and blush are the brides bouquet, the all blush is the Matron of Honors and the all pink is the mother of the grooms nosegay...it was fun to help out and even more fun to meet such a sweet lovely young woman...the Matron of Honor...she is a doll...has a wonderfully sweet husband...and 2 of the most precious children you could ever meet....I loved hanging out with the young-uns and mom...their son is 2 1/2 (this is exactly what he told me when I asked how old he was) he was a punkin...so cute, big brown eyes, brown hair and very, very smart and sweet! Their BEAUTIFUL baby girl who is almost 3 months old....was the happiest baby I've been around in a long, long time...gorgeous blue eyes, head full of brown hair, and the most contagious smile...EVER! It was a blessing to do this for them...I was also privileged to meet the bride to be...she's a doll and it was great to meet her.

Thanks S. for allowing me in your home...letting me be forever "giddy" over your babies...and most of all for being so giving with your time and resources for your soon to be sister-in-law and your little brother...they will cherish your generosity for a lifetime.

Oh...and sorry for the bad lighting and sad picture taking skills...I need to practice a little more...I'll have to have my daughter give me a mini-lesson on taking better pictures!!

5 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

Oh, I wish you lived closer! My DD is getting married in March and we are dishing out close to 2 grand for flowers... and this is with a pretty good discount as my daughter works in the flower shop!!

Lavender Chick said...

You apologized for your picture taking skills and I thought the photos looked great!

You are so talented! The bouquets are just gorgeous. Can't wait to see the other pictures.

Kim -today's creative blog said...

I had no idea you did flowers! WOW! They turned out so pretty.

Susie Q said...

Oh how stunning these bouquets truly are! I had no idea you were so talented in floral design! The colors and arrangement are perfect!
So, so pretty!

Hugs,
Sue

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

These are just beautiful. Makes me smile just to look at them.