Monday, July 30, 2007

Sweet Sounds of Home


We're home from a fabulous trip to Colorado to see our daughter and son-in-law. I took a few pictures of various things we did along the way....with full intention of posting most of the happenings today...HOWEVER, early when I let the girls out to do their business...I heard the sweetest little chirping sound...I knew before we left that we had a momma bird sitting on a nest she had built in a haning half-basket we have on our brick wall outside on the back porch. I have been keeping a close eye on things b/c I didn't want to harm the eggs or the mother while watering....well, I think I must have forgotten all about the eggs...b/c I was just so-ooo darn excited to see that they had hatched while I was away...so I ever so carefully...peered in among the sweet potatoe vine...and saw these precious little yellow mouths calling out for dinner...mom must have been out to the "grocery store" for fresh vittles...cos...every time I made a little whistle...these cutey patooties peered up!...I'll be keeping an eye on them until they have grown and learned to fly...kind of a reminder of my weekend with my daughter...she has grown into such a lovely young women...and now she has learned to fly on her own...makes me both proud and a bit sad...but I know we are to give them wings...I just prefer it when they fly closer to home!! She's happy...and she and her husband have landed in their slice of paradise...I'll post those pictures...later! It's great to be home...I really did miss my new friends in blogland!!

2 comments:

Lavender Chick said...

What beautiful, tender pictures! It warms my heart.

Thanks for sharing!

Justabeachkat said...

Oh my goodness! Very sweet post and I LOVE the photos! There's just someething about baby birds that pull on my heartstrings! Can't wait to hear more about your trip and maybe see some photos.

Welcome back!

Hugs!
Kat